27 February 2024

Poas National Park

Today I had an amazing day. I wanted to visit Poas National Park and especially the volcano. The half day tours cost $80 and I didn't really wanted to spend this money. So I woke up early and took a public bus to a town called Poas and then another bus to a village called Poasito. The bus drivers helped me so much with this trip. From Poasito there are 10 kilometres to the volcano. There is no bus going there, so I hitch-hiked :) A local lady took me to the volcano, and on the way back a French woman stopped and took me to my accommodation in Alajuela. She is also travelling on her own and we had a good chat during the trip, in Spanish. I was so lucky! I even had time to visit the local museum of history that I found boring, but hey, I soaked up some culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment